Shop Technician Intern
We are looking for a skilled Shop Technician intern to join our Service team. Depending on skill level, you will be involved in the set up, testing, and repair of equipment, either independently or assisting another team member. You will be provided with all necessary tools to complete job functions. Our ideal candidate has excellent organizational skills as well as an eye for detail. This individual should enjoy working with their hands and performing physical tasks. Since the ability to perform parts and technical research online is integral to this role, it is important that the candidate have good working knowledge of how to use the internet.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unpacking and set up of new equipment
- Recondition of used equipment
- Recondition of sub-component units
- Participate in a green “Strip-and-Recovery” program in which reliable used parts are salvaged and brought into inventory with the goal of protecting the environment and providing low-cost items for technicians to repurpose
- Consistently follows all quality-control procedures as set forth by management for both new and used equipment
- Take direction from senior staff
- Meet or exceed client expectations
- Adhere to project deadlines
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop work area
Requirements and Qualification:
- As this is an internship program, current enrollment in or recent graduation from an Associate’s program for Electronics Technology or equivalent is required
- Prior experience in an internship or entry-level technician role is not required
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities as listed above
- Ability to work independently or on a team
- Attention to detail
- Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Math Ability: Basic ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills: Ability to use the internet to perform parts and technical research.
- Physical Demands*: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Part-time (10 hours per week)
Salary: $15.00 per hour
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
What Can We Help You With Today?
Whether you're looking to upgrade your outdated office technology or implement creative audio visual solutions to enhance your business environment, RITE Technology has got you covered!
Schedule a meeting to learn how to take your business into the future with our innovative custom solutions.