If you’re thinking of purchasing or leasing a new multifunction copier or printer, then you may be wondering what the process of a new install looks like. How long does it take? Will all my settings be transferred from my old device to the new device? How will I learn how to use all the features on my new device? These are all great questions for you to ask, and we have the answers!
- The Pre-Install Checklist.
After purchasing or leasing your new device, the first step in the install process is the what we here at RITE Technology refer to as the “Pre-Install Checklist.” This checklist ensures that we obtain all necessary information from you the customer to ensure the smoothest install process possible. Some of the information gathered includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Confirming the delivery date and time; address; point of contact
- Confirming network connectivity and power supply in the location where the printer is to be installed
- Transferring customer settings from the existing device to the new device (Settings can be transferred either on-site on the day of install or, preferably, ahead of time via remote support or over the phone. Taking care of this step ahead of the day of install goes a long way in making the entire install process so much smoother for the customer, resulting in less disruption to their work environment.)
- Confirming aspects of the delivery environment (Are there stairs, elevators, uneven surfaces, or other circumstances of which technicians should be made aware prior to the day of install?)
- Confirming whether or not there is an IT department that will need to be coordinated with to complete the configuration of the device during the initial setup
- Confirming if there is old equipment that will require removable from the site
- Confirming if the customer’s parking lot allows ample space to accommodate the delivery vehicle
- Set-up of the device prior to delivery to the customer.
Once your multifunction device arrives in our warehouse and before we send it out to be delivered to your location, one of our certified technicians will set-up the machine to your desired specifications. This can include any of the following:
- Creating a customized design including your logo for the home screen of the touchscreen display
- Creating customized buttons for tasks that are frequently used in your organization’s workflow
- Color calibrating the machine for optimal performance
- Performing diagnostic testing to ensure that the device is operating at peak functionality
- Day of Install.
On the day of installation, our certified technicians will promptly arrive at your location. Before unloading, they will meet with your designated point of contact to confirm the install location and entry points for each new device in an effort to minimize any disruption to your work environment. After install locations and entry points have been confirmed, the technicians will unload all new devices, route them to the appropriate install locations, and complete the set-up process. The following is a brief list of some of the steps in the set-up process:
- Print out page count and network settings of existing machine(s)
- Input network settings (IP address, DNS settings, etc.) for each new machine
- Test fax
- Test scan destinations (email, folder, etc.)
- Install print drivers (server or desktop)
- Complete user test prints from all applications
- Clean and sanitize machine
- Load paper into all trays of the machine
- Post-Install Training.
Depending upon the customer’s availability, the post-install training may occur within hours of the install or a few days after. For the training, the account executive will meet onsite with the customer’s staff to provide a generalized overview of the machine, answering questions and keying in on specific pertinent features identified ahead of time by the account executive and customer. During the training, if any additional customized buttons are required by the users, the account executive will set these up at this time. This detailed process ensures that all users are confident in their operation of the new machine and are set-up for success. Training sessions typically last between 30 minutes to one hour, depending on the customer’s needs. If additional training in required after the initial setup, the account executive can facilitate this for the customer.
- Customer Experience Follow-up Call
A few days after the install, a customer service specialist will conduct a follow-up phone call with the customer to determine their level of satisfaction with the install process. Our rating score ranges from 1 – 10, with 10 being excellent. Our hope is always to exceed our customers’ expectations in all that we do, and we strive to this end.
Hopefully this information was beneficial in helping you to better understand the installation process when you purchase or lease a new multifunction printer or copier. If you have any questions about this or any other process related to your copier or printer, please feel free to give us a call at 941-955-2737 or contact either our service department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or our sales department via email at email@example.com. We look forward to serving you and your business needs.
Share This Page