Field Service Technician – Sarasota
Provide technical service and repairs equipment; also provides general training and instructions to customers as needed.
Reports To: Field Service Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have excellent customer relations skills.
- Perform service calls in the appropriate order with an emphasis on response times.
- Input timely service call closeout information utilizing remote dispatch software.
- Provide the sales department with sales tips, new sales leads, and customer upgrade opportunities in a timely manner.
- Recruits new Field Service Representatives.
- Attends and successfully completes manufacturer’s classes.
- Ensure that the highest productivity is achieved.
- Strive to maximize the customer up time.
- Provides input in team meetings in a constructive manner.
- Completes all required paperwork correctly and legibly.
- Monitors and reconciles trunk-stock inventory (minimum of two (2) times annually).
- Provides technical documentation to other Field Service Representatives to aid in their development.
- Identifies technical and operational needs and submits ideas to the Field Service Supervisor on ways to improve productivity, customer satisfaction, and morale.
- Maximize the utilization of laptop computers and cell phones in the field for field service efficiency.
- Continuously possess a valid Florida Driver’s license, maintain a good driving record, and have reliable transportation with auto insurance in accordance with State law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must:
- possess a valid Florida Driver’s License,
- maintain a good driving record,
- have reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance, and
- pass all pre-employment screenings.
- Minimum Associate’s degree (A. A.) in Electronics Technology or one year of field experience
- Minimum knowledge of color copy process; Sharp or Ricoh experience preferred.
- Network Connectivity skills desired.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports; ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company.
Math Ability: Basic ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to perform parts and technical research on a computer. The individual must be familiar with Internet use as much of the data is web-based.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk and hear.
- The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- They must also be able to push and pull heavy weights on wheels.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- The employee is to have the ability to communicate, detect, converse with, discern, convey, express oneself, and can exchange accurate information.
- The employee must be able to ascend and descend steps and stairs and be able to walk long distances from time to time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with temporary disabilities to perform the essential functions. To help define what may be “reasonable” see examples below:
- Temporary inability to lift 50 pounds
- Temporary inability to push or pull heavy weight on wheels
- Temporary inability to traverse stairs
Job Type: Full-time (M-F; 8 am – 5 pm)
Salary: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour (Based on Experience and Qualifications)