Install Technician (MFP & AV)
The primary duty of this position is set up equipment, deliver equipment, install equipment to include mounting and wiring of a variety of devices. These devices include, but are not limited to, copiers, printers, displays, microphones, speakers, processors, etc.
Reports To: Operations Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble and perform quality checks at the direction of the Shop Supervisor.
- Complete required documentation for setup, install, delivery and pickup.
- Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor perform installs on delivered equipment to include fax, print, and scan destinations.
- Pre-inspect machines for delivery verifying that all accessories, supplies, power cords and power filters are present before loading.
- Ensure that stair climber remains charged and ready for use with little notice.
- Monitor tread life, oil change intervals, fluid levels for all company delivery vehicles.
- Ensure that stair climber loaded when needed.
- Ensure tools, rags and cleaners are on the truck for use in delivery.
- Take extreme care when loading and packing machines in the truck.
- Perform machine deliveries including assembly of machines to accessories.
- Must be able to independently route themselves with a focus on efficiency and meeting deadlines in a safe manner.
- Clean delivered machines upon delivery.
- Route wires, cables, power filters and power cords using tie wraps to present a clean appearance at install.
- When picking up a machine, collect any supplies that may remain and return to the Operations Manager.
- Obtain required signatures for delivery validation.
- Notify Director of Service of any vehicle maintenance that needs to be done.
- Ensure that the truck returns with ¾ full tank or greater in preparation for the following days deliveries.
- Ensure that the box area of the truck is swept and well organized. All blankets, corner protectors, and straps neat and organized.
- Ensure that the cab area is clean and well organized. All trash cleared out, windows cleaned, interior cleaned and organized.
- Ensure truck exterior is clean.
- Perform local supply deliveries and others as instructed.
- Monitor office garbage and empty as needed.
- Perform meter collection as needed. Work with our Help Desk to deploy FM audit in situations where machines are networked.
- Monitor on site toner levels at a few named accounts.
- As time permits, assist Parts Manager with pulling supplies for supply orders with a focus on accuracy.
- Prepare items for shipping with a focus on correct contact names and addresses.
- Operate UPS and Fed Ex software as required
- Able to perform inventory transactions, order fulfilment, and other e-automate functions as required.
- Ability to back up Parts Manager in a limited capacity in his absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The primary job of AV technicians is to set up and install media equipment such as LCD projectors, speakers, TVs, video teleconferencing systems (VTC), microphones, speakers, video monitors, and cameras.
- They also set up support AV tools like equipment racks.
- Additionally, they complete electrical wiring, programming, and basic construction/assembly.
- Possess a keen eye for detail.
- Have a high level of physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must:
- possess a valid Florida Driver’s License,
- maintain a good driving record,
- have reliable transportation with proof of vehicle insurance, and
- pass all pre-employment screenings.
Education/Experience: Previous delivery experience, forklift experience, pallet jack, warehouse experience desired.
Language Ability: Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence; ability to effectively present information to customers or employees of the company.
Math Ability: Basic ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Individual should have knowledge of word processing software and inventory software. A working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit, and must regularly lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish colors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience working as an AV technician, inclusive of performing mounting, testing of audio-visual equipment and fix issues related to video, audio, switching, and control systems.
- Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems.
- Experience with Creston, QSC, Shure, Poly, Barco
Job Type: Full-time (M-F; 8 am – 5 pm)
Salary: $30 per hour (DOE)
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
What Can We Help You With Today?
Whether you're looking to upgrade your outdated office technology or implement creative audio visual solutions to enhance your business environment, RITE Technology has got you covered!
Schedule a meeting to learn how to take your business into the future with our innovative custom solutions.